• Shaping the Bathroom Space of the Future: New Solutions and Key Considerations
Covering some of the key considerations and new innovations that are influencing current and future bathroom spaces, Roca’s RIBA and BIID certified CPD seminar considers factors such as sustainability, new technologies and groundbreaking product solutions.
The session also discusses a number of often overlooked aspects within bathroom design, such as materials.
The 45 minute seminar includes information on ways to meet restrictions when planning a bathroom - for example limited space or legislation - without compromising on user experience, and advice on how to manage the life cycle of the bathroom space.
Phone: 020 7610 9503
• Guided Tour of the Roca London Gallery Designed by Zaha Hadid Architects
Explore the different environments of the unique Roca London Gallery space while discussing the various aspects of the building, from conception and construction by Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA). The tour lasts 45 minutes, individuals or groups of up to 30 can book from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The discussion topics cover the challenges presented by the original space and existing conditions, the design concept and spatial strategies, the design and construction timeline and processes and the choice of materials used. By the end of this tour participants will be able to understand the following topics:
- Understand how Zaha Hadid Architects have translated Roca’s brief into an exciting concept
- Understand about the materials used, the challenges they presented and how these were overcome
- Understand and have an overview of the construction steps and processes involved
• RIBA CPD Article: WC Pan with Integrated Cistern
This article describes a WC pan that incorporates a concealed cistern inside the pan and therefore dispenses with the need to install a cistern and flush plate into the wall. This article explains how this product differs from any other WC and covers the following topics:
- How the design of this WC benefits bathroom design and the environment
- How the WC is installed and how the flush mechanism works
- How the product performs in case of a water or power cut